Sunday, December 22, 2013

My Cards and Tags: Tim Holtz Caroler Holiday Tag

Ah, Tim Holtz!  He's done it again with tons of new yummy holiday stamps and dies.  His products are always so easy to incorporate!  I know that the Tim Holtz creations my fellow Design Team members made at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog have been fantastic!  Here is the gift tag I came up with using one of Tim's new dies and stamp sets:



This tag could be called a "scrap tag," which is where you try and use up those eighty-billion holiday paper scraps that are left over from bigger projects.  Here are the scraps I had, some of which I cut into tag-shapes:



I experimented by layering the different components on top of each other until I got a look that I liked:



Once my base was made, I glued the layers together and added some embellishments.  To attach the tag to my gift, I wrapped the gift box (covered in brown paper) with bakers twine, then clipped the tag to the twine like so:



The last step was to stamp "Christmas" onto the happy caroler!



Scrap tags are a great way to reduce that leftover holiday paper stash and really liven up ordinary wrapping. 

Here are the products I made this tag with, available from Simon Says Stamp:




Happy holidays to you and yours and I can't wait to see what amazing creations we all come up with in 2014! 

13 comments:

  1. Wow I love your tag. I adore the Carolers die and have been using it a lot! I love how your layered all your beautiful paper. Such a great festive tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous gift tag Andrea, and it looks wonderful on the kraft paper and together with the twine. Great idea to stamp the sentiment on the caroller. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your "scrap" tag - bold, bright, fresh colours, and the weathered look on the caroller is so cool!
    Wishing you and yours a fabulous festive season!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag, love the colours and design. Love all the layers you used and the die cut is perfect, I need it. Gorgeous. Happy Christmas. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming tag! I love the silhouette and how you have distressed it. The calendar is a pretty backdrop! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a blessed and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is so beautiful, Andrea. I love the pretty layers and distressed edges. Thank you for sharing, Wish you and your family a merry Christmas and happy holidays. Love & hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever! I love your tag. The colors are so fresh! And that clip....brilliant! I'm going to have to borrow that idea. Merry Christmas, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this TAG! Love your color choices. What a great use of all those bits and bobs laying around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic tag Andrea! Love all the layers and pretty color palette! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Andrea! Love this beautiful gift tag! It's so festive with the bright happy colors! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea...I LOVE your gift tag! I would never had put those scraps of paper together ... but you did and it's brilliant! :) I love how you can take nothing and turn it into a masterpiece. Love your die cut caroler and how he's silhouetted against the stamped calendar. Again...brilliant! Love the baker's twine and the kraft paper in the background. I hope you had a very Merry Christmas, Andrea. Sending warm hugs and best wishes for a wonderful 2014. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete