Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Other Creations: Encouraging Bird Collage

Though we're still enjoying a holiday break from "official challenges" here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, we were asked to share some of our "old favorites"-- you know those go-to products we love?  Of course I went straight for this Tim Holtz quote stamp: "It's not who you are that holds you back; it's who you think you are not."  You've seen me use this stamp a thousand million times yet I never get tired of it.  Another favorite is the bird stamp set from Dylusions.  So I combined them both to make this little fabric collage:

 
You may notice that my sentiment stamp doesn't look like the one in the set.  One thing I tend to do with sentiment stamps is to cut them up so that I can rearrange the spacing of the words to fit any project.  That's what I did with this one.  It can be scary to take scissors to your stamps, but it does offer more possibilities!
 
Here are some of the products from Simon Says Stamp that I used for this project:
 


 
 Keep posted because our regular Simon Says Stamp challenges are about to resume and I can't wait to see what masterpieces you've created!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront