Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My Other Creations: Encouraging Bird Collage

Though we're still enjoying a holiday break from "official challenges" here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog, we were asked to share some of our "old favorites"-- you know those go-to products we love?  Of course I went straight for this Tim Holtz quote stamp: "It's not who you are that holds you back; it's who you think you are not."  You've seen me use this stamp a thousand million times yet I never get tired of it.  Another favorite is the bird stamp set from Dylusions.  So I combined them both to make this little fabric collage:

 
You may notice that my sentiment stamp doesn't look like the one in the set.  One thing I tend to do with sentiment stamps is to cut them up so that I can rearrange the spacing of the words to fit any project.  That's what I did with this one.  It can be scary to take scissors to your stamps, but it does offer more possibilities!
 
Here are some of the products from Simon Says Stamp that I used for this project:
 


 
 Keep posted because our regular Simon Says Stamp challenges are about to resume and I can't wait to see what masterpieces you've created!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/servlet/StoreFront



10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Andrea! Love the bird and that quote is wonderful and perfect for the new year. Happy New Year!! I am looking forward to seeing all the things you will create in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning piece! Brilliant quote! Love your use of fabrics! Really cool! Happy New Year, Andrea! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and inspiring words to take us into 2014... love the texture from the frayed fabric!
    Happy New Year!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote. I can see why it's a favorite. You can never hear those words too many times. Brilliant idea to put it on a canvas. And so artfully done! Beautiful work, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love seeing what you do with fabric on your projects every week! This is no exception. Beautiful and inspiring! Wishing you a creative, healthy and happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea...I love your piece. This is vintage YOU! I love the strips of fabric that you've combined on this darling little positive fabric collage. They are so colorful and the different prints really add so much! Your Dylusions bird is awesome and that sentiment is one to really think about! Thanks for sharing all of your creativity. You truly are gifted and I so enjoy seeing your projects each week. They are fun and make me smile! Happy New Year! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrea! love your piece of art! the quote works perfectly and I love how!you cut it up so you can use in any arrangement. Love your use of fabric and the bird sits beautifully. Happy New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet creation! Andrea. The colors are so lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea happy new year! beautiful piece, i love your little piece of art! colors are incredible!!! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic! I love the use of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete