Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Make Your Mother Proud

For this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, which is to focus on a face of some sort, I made a quick and easy card to pay homage to my mom, who is an absolute angel on earth.

I used this mom-looking lady from Tim Holtz's Found Relatives card set as the focal point of this card.



I enjoy using the Found Relatives card set because even though I have absolutely no idea of who these people are, I know that each one has a story to tell.  I'm so glad that these beautiful people are remembered through our crafty endeavors.

This card was a snap to  make with these products, which are available from Simon Says Stamp:



How will you interpret this week's "face" theme?  I can't wait to see your creations, which you can upload to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  And don't forget that you're entered for the $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp just for uploading your project! 50dollar_voucher_600px

18 comments:

  1. I just adore this Andrea, the simplicity of the design is it's beauty along with the gorgeous found relative. A great way to pay homage to your mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different layers of that WILD red printed papers... very nicely done my friend... and every mother will certainly love this one... Have a fun day... just like this woman will.....love the found relative mother. Love, light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! love the red accents! She looks stunning! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous, and those layered patterned papers frame her just beautifully!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Andrea! Love how you showcased the gorgeous found relative card! Great mix of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Andrea , the red works so well with the vintage image. You have framed her beautifully. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet :) Love this frame!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love, love this! It is perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! Love the pretty image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous Andrea. The image was so beautiful, it needed so few details. You made a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started a comment and it went off to the internet unknown, so I'm going to try it again.....

    As you know, I like using vintage images too. And it IS easier to use people that you don't know. But honestly, this woman was asking for it. She appears to have been hiding a flask in her pocketbook. That's why I love that you put those lines radiating from her. It confirms what I have suspected all along.
    They say that good art tells a story. Enough said. I love what you've done with this image, Andrea. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is just so striking and you've showcased the beautiful image perfectly on the stunning background. Wonderful work as always, Andrea! Have a great weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Andrea! I love the mix of patterns you used and how they focus in on that beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful image and card. Love how you mixed the patterns together and they are perfect! Sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the way you pieced the papers to frame your "found relative," and how it highlighted the red lips. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this project! I think it is fantastic in its simplicity! The red matched to the vintage image is really fabulous! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a gift ... which I think comes with your amazing ability to craft with fabric ... of putting together patterns that form a stunning cohesive whole. Your mother should be proud :) What a great project and I love, love, love the color red. -- ME

    ReplyDelete