Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Cards and Tags: Hello You

This week's theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is, "Falling in Love With...."  There are two new products that I have indeed fallen in love with: Tim Holtz's Alphanumeric Die Set and the "Nest" paper collection by Webster's Pages.  I used them both to make this card:


This was my first attempt at using the Alphanumeric die set, so here is some info I learned about it.  First off, the set comes as several individual alphabet letters so you can spell anything you want (there are multiples of each letter).  You have to think about how to arrange the letters according to which side of your patterned paper you'll be using.  Because I had to cut a certain side of this polka dot library pocket, I had to spell the words backwards on my Sizzix plate.


I tried using my magnetic plate to lay these out on, but to be honest, the magnetic plate did not work well with these (or maybe I'm just magnetic-plate-challenged).  The magnetic polarity made the letters sproing away from each other, so they were skittering all over the place.  I found my good old plastic plates the be the easiest to use.  I didn't line the letters up exactly, but it still turned out okay.  I added some green paper behind the cut-out letters to make them stand out better.  The great part is that you can use the cut-out negative letters or you can pop the cut letters out of these dies and use them as normal die cut letters, too.


I added a cute birdie card from Webster's Pages "Nest" collection, which I absolutely adore, and added some embellishments with Tim Holtz's Frameworks Trellis die.  I arranged it onto a patterned paper background and wah-la!

Here are some of the fabulous products I used, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:


 
So what are you "Falling in love with"?  Fall itself?  Some new product?  Let us know by uploading your masterpiece to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and you could win a $50 gift voucher to Simon Says Stamp.


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/