Sunday, October 12, 2014

My Other Creations: Decorative Folio

Our theme this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is, "O is for...."  I went with O is for Organization by spiffing up this cool ready-made Collection Folio by Tim Holtz.


I started by making a paper collage to cover the front flap.  I used paper from Prima's "Free Spirit" collection, but it was a bit too bold for the look I was wanting.  I did a light wash of watered-down Gesso over the top to tone it down and smeared on some Distress Ink here and there.  I then stamped some black flowers on it from Paper Artsy to tie in the black elastic the keeps the folio shut.


But the flowers stood out way more than I expected, even after I smudged them with water.  Whoopsie!  No problem.  I fussy cut some of those cloud/puff shapes from my extra patterned paper and used them, along with a fabric scrap, to hide some of that excessive black.  I also added a Tim Holtz ruler to the spine and covered the fold-over flap with paper from Prima's "Epiphany" collection (LOVE IT).


I stamped some other images and sentiments on and the last step was to add a profound title like, "Important Stuff," which I made with fabric scraps, Tim Holtz Alpha Tiles and Tim Holtz Label Letters.


If you're going to be organized, you might as well do it in style, I suppose!  Here are the supplies I used on my folio, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



Oh how will you use the letter O this week?  Can't wait to see!  And remember that when you upload your fab creations to the Simon Says stamp Monday Challenge Blog, you will be automatically entered for the $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/