Monday, October 19, 2015

My Other Creations: Monster Party



LOVE this time of year and especially the fun that comes with Halloween.  The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog issued a fabulous theme this week: The Monster Mash!  Since I am a fan of cute Halloween rather than gory scary Halloween, I made a hip and happenin' monster party!


I have never been the haunted house/scary movie type of gal.  In fact, when my high school friends would drag me to haunted houses, I made a beeline to the "Pumpkin Patch" area and sat coloring with the 5-year-olds until my friends were ready to go.  And so I decided to make a cute monster dwelling for my project-- one that I wouldn't mind walking through!

I made the house using the new Tim Holtz Village Dwelling die.  I modified the awning a bit and I lined the inside with yellow paper so it would look like it was glowing light from the inside.  The wood-grain paper is from Simple Stories' Pumpkin Spice collection.  I added polka dots to the roof, a banner, a monster (Paper Smooches Ghoulfriends stamp), and a pumpkin, bat and ghost from My Favorite Things' Frightfully Fun Halloween stamp set.  I used some awesome Doodlebug washi tape for my monster's hat.


If you want to make your own monster mansion, here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



What will you come up with this week?  I can't wait to see your creations.  Upload them to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to inspire all of us and enter yourself into the $50 voucher to Simon Says Stamp!
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/



24 comments:

  1. Andrea, I adore your monster party! Your bright colors always catch my eye, and each week I look forward to seeing what new piece your creative brain has thought up! You are rocking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! How fun is this! I love the colors and shading. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A polka dot roof?! Heck yes! Love this fun creation! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! This is adorable and makes me laugh! An amazing creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sign me up! I am too scared to go to a haunted house but this haunted house I would love to visit! Adorable haunted house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a haunted house girl either! But this! This is so adorable! I love your dots, banners, and that striped hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG...I love this. Really, really. Dang it, Andrea. I've done a really good job resisting this die...until now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this house is super cute, Andrea. Love the fun and beautiful colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little house and I'm with you on Halloween, I'd rather have friendly monsters such as yours rather than some truly creepy stuff!
    Thank you for your really nice comments on my watercolour face post, most encouraging! And we crafters do need a bit of encouragement don't we...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love ALL Halloween (well, except nasty chainsaw gore... Edward Gorey versus gory...), and this is too freaking cute... I think I'm going to hurry up and make a bright Halloween house for the kids at the library... Thanks for the inspiration! Can't decide if I love the banner or the dots more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love ALL Halloween (well, except nasty chainsaw gore... Edward Gorey versus gory...), and this is too freaking cute... I think I'm going to hurry up and make a bright Halloween house for the kids at the library... Thanks for the inspiration! Can't decide if I love the banner or the dots more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really a cute Halloween party house, Andrea! Love the cute monsters, and they all look like they have so much fun! The house is so pretty, great woodgrain pattern paper! It's perfect! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your project is absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so adorable, love your cute monsters! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute monster house!!! Like you I am not a fan of being scared, ever! Love your designs! Thanks for the kind words about my card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andrea...this is SO CUTE! I always love your choice of colors and your love of crafting just shines through everything that you create! Everything has such a fun, whimsical quality to it. It just makes me HAPPY to look at your art! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Andrea...this is SO CUTE! I always love your choice of colors and your love of crafting just shines through everything that you create! Everything has such a fun, whimsical quality to it. It just makes me HAPPY to look at your art! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Andrea I love this little house! Our versions are so different! I love to see the same product interpreted in two different ways! Yours is totally adorable! everything is lovely: the little monsters, colors, design ...Wonderful as Always! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  19. Andrea ~ you've done it again! You've made me smile wide with this gorgeous project and I love how you've interpreted the challenge in your own unique style! It is just FABULOUS and I love it!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so much fun Andrea! I love your happy friendly monsters and ghost and the house is stunning. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so cute and i wouldnt mind to go in too =)
    Its a lovely idea with super fun hat, monster and dots on the roof, perfect!
    I would like to thank you for the lovely and detailed comments you are leaving each time, i really appreciate that =)
    Thank you so much,
    Selene

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow wow wow!! This is a superfun halloween party house!! Just fabulous!! Love it! Great colours and supercute details! The ghost that come out of the window is stunning, and the monster is very cool!! Such a clever idea and amazing realization! The big dots and the banners make them so festive!! Thanks for sharing this piece of art! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the festive monster party you have created this week! The colors are perfect, not too scary, but tons of fun! I think any kid would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just fabulous - the polka dot roof is brilliant, and against such a fabulously distressed background in beautiful teal. Definitely a party house! Still waiting on my cottage dies and getting a bit cross now!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete