Monday, October 26, 2015

My Other Creations: Halloween Treat Bags

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 It's Throwback Challenge Week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!  What does that mean?  Be inspired by any previous Simon Says Stamp challenge theme; and there have been some good ones!  Since I'm still in Halloween mode, I chose to be inspired by Simon's October 2013 challenge theme of, "Spooky."  Back then, I had so much fun decorating some treats and I've gone with that same idea again.  As I've said before, I love to make fancy packaging to hide the fact that I can't cook/bake worth a darn! 


I started with some glassine bags and stamped some circles on them with Distress Ink.  I outlined them with black paper cut with the super-cool Simon Says Stamp die set called, Circle Loops.  

I made both the witch's legs and the black and white horizontal-striped element into clothespins so I'd have something to clip my bags closed with.  For the witch's legs, I used a striped stamp from Simon Says Stamp's Trick or Treat stamp set and added some die-cut witch boots at the bottom from Taylored Expressions.  I added a candy flashcard that I cut out of a 12 x 12 sheet of Crate Paper's After Dark paper collection.  I taped it all together and adhered it to a clothespin.  I did the same with the diagonally-striped piece of paper.  Here's a view from the back of my clips:


On the bag with the witch legs, I also added a cute dangly spider that I cut out of a piece of Doodlebug spider Washi Tape.  I tied green and teal ribbon/yarn around the bag after I'd filled it with green candy, then clipped it with the witch legs.


For the potion bag, I used a couple of great stamp sets from Taylored Expressions: Toil and Trouble and Witches Brew.  Once again, I filled the bag with some candy, then tied some yard around the top and added the clip to hold it all together.


With Halloween happening this week, all I can say is bring on the candy!  I really enjoyed making these bags with these supplies that I found at Simon Says Stamp:




I know you'll probably have plenty to do with your little ghouls and goblins this week, but if you have a chance, use the positives effects of your sugar buzz to craft!  I can't wait to see which former challenge inspires you now and what you create as a result.  Upload your projects to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store.  That is all treat and no tricks!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/




14 comments:

  1. Adorable treat bags, Andrea! Love the bright fun colors! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colors you choose and the simple graphic designs that you make way cool! Who would not love one of these treat bags!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are tons of fun! I love the contrast of the black (and the glassine) with the spooky colors and the sentiments and images (especially those shoes) are awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I want to Trick or Treat at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these treat bags and the witches legs are on clothespins?!? Brilliant! They are my favorite thing on the bag because they are just so fun and whimsical! Now I am thinking what other fun things could you do with the clothespins? So inspiring and fantastic and who needs to cook / bake when you can whip up treats like these in your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and beautiful creation! Love the awesome clothespin idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project! I love your color choices on these bags. And I'm a total sucker for witches' legs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful idea for treat bag! Love the colors! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful whimsical treat bags, Andrea and a fabulous project! I love all the little details and the witches legs are perfect, they transported me back to the Land of Oz ~ love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun! I love those legs and the happy colours, circles and little bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool, Andrea! These are so much fun! The witch legs are really cute! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always looking for ways to incorporate those darling little clothespins, but in my wildest dreams, I never would've thought to attach them to legs. Love this!
    I want to trick-or-treat at your house. Best treat bags ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tee hee - hilarious with the stockinged legs and those neon potions - I think I might even dare drink one of those!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrea! You left the most wonderful comment on my blog for my entry for this challenge and it really made my day! Just wanted to say thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete