Friday, January 1, 2016

Tutorials: Ink Smudge Cards

Happy New Year to one and all!  Here's to hoping 2016 is full of all sorts of crafty goodness!  To ring in the new year, I've made a video tutorial showing how to create quick and easy "ink smudge cards."  I made them using my Snapping Monsters stamp set, but the concept works for any type of stamps that you want to color quickly.  Here are some pics, followed by the video:


All I did was stamp the images/words with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink, then used sponges to dab on some different Distress Inks for color.  On "Happy Cake Day," I used Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed.


On "Glitter Girl," I used Picked Raspberry with just a touch of Festive Berries.


On "Queen of the Glue Gun," I used Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Twisted Citron.


I used Shaded Lilac and Salty Ocean on "Kitchen Ninja."


Last but not least, I used Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed for "Genius Squared."


And here's the whole process in video form: