Monday, January 25, 2016

My Other Creations: American Crafts Valentine Fortune Cookies Kit

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
 Even though Valentine's Day has brought mixed emotions for me over the years (fun when I was super little, traumatic when I was in elementary school and drama broke out over how many valentines you did or didn't get, annoying during my single years...), I did embrace this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme of Love Is In The Air (with an emphasis on incorporating red)!

I made these handy-dandy Valentine's fortune cookies using a kit from American Crafts.


Because I am apparently addicted to adding fabric scraps to anything and everything, I embellished these a bit with some fabric scraps and words spelled out with Tim Holtz's label letters.


The kit I used surely made these convenient, especially because it included the fortunes, too.  But if you want to make your own fortune cookies from scratch (all you really need is a paper circle and some glue), here's a video I made on how easy it is:



Here are the supplies I used for my quick little fortune cookies, which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I'm excited to see how you show us that love is in the air!  Upload your crafty creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win A $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!

https://simonsaysstamp.com/
    
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
https://simonsaysstamp.com/

19 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Ahh, elementary school... reading into what perforated card your crush gave you... (only girls think that hard!) These are so great. Maybe mini-me would be inspired by yours to make these as valentines this year (2nd grade)... maybe even big-girl would make some for her friends... your fabric scraps "made them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think FUN must be your middle name! I'm so glad you investigated this project and thanks for the video--I seriously plan to create a cookie to give to a friend this weekend. As a lover of words, I'm sure you appreciate that the best part of this project is dreaming up the fortune. Thanks for another FUN post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so sweet! I love the fabric details you added! What a wonderful Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these so much -- They just look happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE these Andrea :-) I have never made fortune cookies before but I think I need to give these a try, they are gorgeous! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Andrea!!! I love fortune cookies!!! These are super adorable!! xxx Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these cute little fortune cookies! Like you, we always look forward to getting them and reading our fortunes, sometimes we just have to laugh at what we get. And, just think, these have NO calories :) Such a fun project, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous fortune cookies! I love how you gave them your own fun twist :)


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so sweet! And that raspberry distress ink is just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so sweet! And that raspberry distress ink is just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Andrea, thank you for the great tutorial video! Your paper fortune cookies are so sweet and beautiful! While watching your video I came up with the idea of making a beautiful glass bowl full of paper fortune cookies with sweet quotes or comments for my best friend girls of ages 9 and 12! I think they would love to pick a fortune cookie everyday and reveal a kind, rewarding or prompting message. This could be a game too. Thank you for the great idea! Sweet greetings from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are brilliant! I so want a bowl of them on the kitchen table... Fabulous inspiration, tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea your creative ideas are always stunning! These fortune cookies are adorable!!! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool, Andrea! These cookies are so clever and pretty! Love your video too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun and sweet creation! Love the beautiful paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so brilliant, love your fortune cookies Andrea! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant! I love this idea and you made it look so easy. What a lovely idea for anyone to get a special little note! I will have to make a few to sneak in my daughters lunch. :) It has been a honor to design with you on the SSS team! I am always inspired by your art! Luckily I know where to find you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always, you've taken the theme of the challenge and gone on to create such a unique and inspirational project, which I completely and utterly LOVE! Fabulous work, Andrea... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun are these!! Love the patterns you used and the little fabric scraps.

    ReplyDelete