Monday, January 11, 2016

My Other Creations: Shine Flag

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
This week's challenge theme at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is Stencil It!  You don't have to tell me twice to whip out the stencils!  I decided to make a pennant flag using a few of my stencil faves and scraps from former projects.


I love the mini paint lids stencil, which I used for the polka-dot effect on the background of this pennant.  I also included some blobs and drips from Tim Holtz's Splatters stencil.  I loved the wacky wonky loops in StencilGirl's Mix and Match Scalloped Edges stencil, so I outlined the stencil, then fussy-cut all the openings and attached it to the top of my pennant. I accented it with hydrangeas cut with the Martha Stewart hydrangea punches.  The lightbulb is from Concord and 9th's Shine Brighter stamp set.  The "Shine" sentiment is spelled with letters from an old stamp set I had from Kaisercraft.

This project was full of scrappy-stencil fun!  Here are the supplies I used that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



I know you have plenty of stencils at the ready, so show us what clever creations you come up with!  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance at fame and fortune...or at least a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store, which is just as good!

https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/




20 comments:

  1. Your work is always so identifiable and unique! I love the idea of a flag... so cool! And the layers here rock! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pennant Andrea! I love the colours and stencilling! absolutely GORGEOUS! The way you layer everything so brilliantly too is awesome!

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! I love all the little details you add and the beautiful colours you coordinate - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous riot of colour, Andrea ... and gorgeous texture from those wonderful threads! Love how that light bulb really does look as though it's glowing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those stencils too. Your artwork makes me think there's always a party going on in your studio--so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fussy cutting on your pennant. Such fun colors and what a great way to use the lightbulb stamp from Concord & 9th.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fussy cutting on your pennant. Such fun colors and what a great way to use the lightbulb stamp from Concord & 9th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, you shine!! love your colors, and your pennant is so, so cute! The lightbulb is genius with the word shine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project, Andrea! Love the way you shaded the light bulb :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous flag! Love how colourful and happy it looks :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun and colourful Andrea, love it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous project ~ so much fun and I always love your colour combinations, they are so distinctively YOU and they're what make any of your projects, stand out in a crowd! Wonderful work as always, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects are always a joy to watch! I love your colors, I love what you put in your projects: fun and originality! As always gorgeous work!Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, Andrea! Love this pennant! So pretty with all those layers and lots of different colors. Fabulous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea, I so love your stile! This pennant is amazing!!!
    Hugs x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful as always! I just love how I can wander through the details and see something new and pleasing to the eye every time I look at it. Your color and composition is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful creation, Andrea. Love all the fabulous embellishments you created. :0

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh- this is very cool, Andrea! Love the fun colors, stencils and stamps used. It is a very happy pennant!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving the kind comments! I am your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This pennant is so cool Andrea! I love all the patterns and fabulous colours. That light bulb stamp is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This light bulb paired with these bright happy colors created such a fabulous project! Wow!

    ReplyDelete