Monday, January 18, 2016

My Other Creations: Hero Arts 3D Houses



This week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme is Best Friends.  I've been blessed to always have my family members be my best friends, so I went in a homeward direction:


These 3-D houses were pretty easy to make using the Hero Arts 3-D Fancy House die.  I didn't see too many online examples using this die, so just for a point of reference, the die makes a house that's about 1.5" tall at its highest point.

As you can see, I made these houses different heights, but I still used the same die.  You basically just hang the die over the edge of your cutting platform so that the bottom edge doesn't cut.  Then you can make them as tall as you want.

Here's a video I made showing this technique:



I made my houses using these supplies from Simon Says Stamp:



I'm excited to see what you come up with for our Best Friends theme!  Be sure to upload your clever creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog to inspire us and to give yourself a shot at winning the $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
https://www.simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/



14 comments:

  1. aww super cute little village you have got there! these are adorable and I loved the video, so lovely to hear your voice too :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and clever idea to vary the houses. Love your family of houses! It's a village I would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, thank you again for this lovely video! I will put these house in my wishlist!!!
    such an awesome project!!!
    Hugs xxx Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have your besties so close! Love these sweet little houses :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little village, Andrea. These little houses are just sweet, and my fave is Carpe Diem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, yes, yes. Thanks for the inspiration, these rock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These houses are so cute Andrea and your video is great!! Love all the little details. I've been wanting that house die, got to get it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great video and your houses are just the cutest, Andrea ~ they are are beautiful and so detailed and that die is now gone right to the top of my wish list!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun houses, Andrea. They look amazing! and what a fabulous idea to create them in different heights using that trick. Wonderful video! Didn't know that those other cutting plates worked in the big shot. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your video! Great trick, thanks for sharing! As always your projects are fun and beautiful! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  11. These houses make me so happy to see! What a delight!

    ReplyDelete