Monday, January 4, 2016

My Other Creations: Simple Stories Carpe Diem Planner

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
I decided to go with a brand new 2016 planner for this week's Something New theme over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  And after much planner-analyzing, I chose the Simple Stories Carpe Diem planner, which I love!


Since my days are pretty much the same in terms of schedule, I wanted to turn this planner into a place to record inspirational ideas, family moments and memories, study notes and insights-- more like a journal rather than a calendar/schedule-keeper.

The great thing about the Simple Stories Carpe Diem planner is that it's the A5 size and that means the fabulous planner dividers from Webster's Pages also fit in it.  Yes!  Two awesome brands that are compatible!  So I included the Webster's Pages Positive Thoughts divider set (A5 size-- not to be confused with the identical A2 size) at the beginning of the monthly Carpe Diem dividers.  And I decorated the page opposite the divider with one of my favorite Ben Franklin quotes and images that represent my two loves: crafting and writing. Thanks again to my friend Mimi for the awesome library ephemera!


Here's another section-- again with the Webster's Pages divider, then my collage opposite of it.


I chose this quote to help me remember to be kind and to do all I can to bring happiness into the lives of those around me.


This is the page that I made for the beginning of the January section itself.  I've repeated the typewriter theme, which I adore.  The cards all came from the Project Life Odds and Ends kit.


I used the Tim Holtz bird die and the "Good Vibes Only" sentiment comes from Bo Bunny's Calendar Girl paper pack, which is a new favorite of mine.


This planner is a work in progress, but I'm enjoying the journey and look forward to filling this journal/inspiration notebook with lots of good things in 2016!

Here are the supplies I used on this project that you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



What "new" things can you craft up in 2016?  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog to inspire the rest of us and to have a chance at winning the $50 Simon Says Stamp Store voucher!


http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous planner Andrea! I just LOVE what you have done with this! absolutely GORGEOUS :-)

    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second page is my fav! Love the quote (I had to write it in my quote book). LOVE the layout!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous, Andrea! Just LOVE your fearless use of color!


    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to use as a journal, I like the idea of the ring binder and the freedom to add and remove pages, etc. It would also be useful with three dimensional embellishments. Your artwork is perfect there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving your kind, uplifting comment on my layout. It made my day!
    Next, I **LOVE** your artwork. I have been looking for a new planner and there are so many choices! Thank you for sharing yours. I recently joined an Australian art journalling challenge called Colour Me Positive. Your pages have inspired me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a feelgood post - utterly lovely colours and quotes - and of course I love the writer/words theme running through it. How fabulous to have all that library ephemera to play with. Gorgeous planner - hope we'll get to see more as the year progresses.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea, that is so wonderful, amazing colours and quotes, what a joy this will be to work on throughout the year! Thanks so much for sharing it, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, I love your planner and they way you decorated it! The colors and quotes are so perfect together!

    XXX Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andrea, OMG!! I love this! your bold, bright colors are awesome, from the "paint set" on the left to the "wheel" on the right. Love the sayings you chose too. Cool how you combined from the two companies. I kept looking at planners, and didn't think I needed one, because I don't need to schedule much, but now! Love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful pages! Andrea. The colors and all the embellishments are just fun and awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Andrea!!!! I love how you use Sizzix dies!!! Picture wheel is fab! This work is a masterpiece! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous idea for beginning the new year with decorating a new planner, Andrea! Love all those pretty colors and the stunning die cuts. Gorgeous! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Andrea....what a fabulous idea and what a wonderful piece of art! This is stunning and I love all the colours and embellishments you've used, they are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a wonderful idea Andrea, and I love the pages you show here. That tree is so pretty and all the colours, details and words are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous scheduler! Who wouldn't have inspired days using this to look at each day to give yourself a lift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THUD <--- that's the sound of my jaw dropping to the floor. These pages are just stunning and my Pin button got quite a workout! You know exactly how to make a design that the eye follows. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Wow Wow!!! Your planner is just fabulous...each page is stunning...the quotes you have chosen are so great...love 'em all!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you have done with your Journal Andrea...it has totally inspired me to give my planner / journal a bit more love..He's so functional and I really wanted him to be more inspiring... Cx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw this last week and never dropped a line! Shame on me. Happy thoughts your way have been transmitted to ya for a week now! This is a rad project. If I won the lotto money (which would require purchasing a ticket...), I'd set out to buy all of the dies and supplies you use-- you have excellent taste and your creativity is inspiring (priceless).

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw this last week and never dropped a line! Shame on me. Happy thoughts your way have been transmitted to ya for a week now! This is a rad project. If I won the lotto money (which would require purchasing a ticket...), I'd set out to buy all of the dies and supplies you use-- you have excellent taste and your creativity is inspiring (priceless).

    ReplyDelete