Monday, November 2, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Swing Tags with Shaker Panels

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Our theme this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog is "So Glossy".  So dig up whatever inspires you that's glossy and shiny.  I decided to make some holiday swing tags (official term?) with a bunch of layers that pivot.  One layer is a shaker panel with shiny good glossiness you can see through.


I am the biggest procrastinator in the history of the universe and the holidays merely enhance my procrastination tendencies!  But I decided I would get some Christmas tags done early if it was the last act of my life!  

I attached all the layers of my tags with a brad so that the layers can pivot to the right or to the left.  On the Santa tag, I used a Tim Holtz holiday flashcard for the "St. Nick," frames and cards from the Simple Stories Claus and Co collection, and a tree stamp and dies from Simon Says Stamp.


On the Joy tag, I once again used elements from Simple Stories' Claus and Co collection along with a card from Simple Stories' We Are Family collection.  I added a tag from October Afternoon's Under the Tree Tags and Cards pack.  I used a Simon Says Stamp snowflake die as an accent.


Lastly, I made this reindeer tag using October Afternoon's Under the Tree collection, a Simon Says Stamp Merry Christmas frame die, and paper from Simple Stories' Claus and Co and We Are Family collections.


To make these tags, I used these fine products which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



How will you get your gloss on this week?  Upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your shot at a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store!


http://simonsaysstamp.com/
                                    
http://simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

19 comments:

  1. I love tags, I love shakers, holy smokes and be still my heart! These are the BEST 'swing' shaker tags EVER in the history of mankind.....Don't happen to have a video in your back pocket do you? lol TFS! Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the coolest tags I've ever seen! You've outdone yourself with this project. How creative! Who wouldn't love getting a tag like these, kids or adults? I love the old-fashioned flashcards used in your project. Your colors are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute tags. Love the retro look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love those swing tags and shaker panels Andrea. You've achieved a really fun retro Christmas fell and all the little details to treat the eye are just wonderful! I wanted to pop in today to say thank you too for the gorgeous comment you left on my blog. You always leave such thoughtful and inspirational comments and I just wanted you to know it really made my day and it's deeply appreciated. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the vintage feel of these tags, Andrea!! How fun! :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable(shaker) and brilliant ( brad to make it swing) and to top it its vintage..... vohooo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! These tags are a gift themselves, Andrea! Thank you so much for your thoughtful, sweet comment on my blog--made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, the colours, the fun retro images - an utterly uplifting post that's left me with a big smile on my face!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea and done so well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh these are absolutely GORGEOUS Andrea! I just LOVE them!! :-) I have never seen tags like these before, they are really fun!

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last act of your life, huh? LOL!! Love these little swing tags, and that is a great name for them. Love all the layered goodies, and the wonderful bright colors and traditional designs. Kudos to you for getting some holiday work done early!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These swing tags are so cool, Andrea! Love that they are shakers too. All of them look so pretty and fun! You're such a creative person and love all your colorful work! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every week your retro whimsy never fails to delight and charm me! I am always surprised and look forward to see what you have created. These little tags with the images, shaker bits and layers are a gift in themselves! I say add a hook and they become ornaments after they are given!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These tags are all so lovely. Great colors and details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This Christmas idea is fabulous! The vintage images and your favourite colors works so well together! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the retro feel of these beautiful tags, they are just a fabulous idea and so charming! As always, your colour palette is totally unique to you and you've packed so much detail into each one! They are a feast for the eyes and such wonderful, wonderful work, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are so fun Andrea! I love all the different elements, details and images. Gorgeous! And the colours are wonderful of course.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are absolutely gorgeous Andrea! I love the retro look of the gorgeous elements which you have blended so beautifully - they all go together and nothing jars. I have to say if I received one of these I would not throw it in the recycling like I do with the bought tags. These would be framed and hung for me to look at and enjoy the whole year through - they are lovely and wonderful and so beautiful!
    Your clever blending of products and styles is what attracted me to your blog the first time I popped on over to thank you for the lovely comment you left at that time on one of my entries to Simon's Monday challenge. After reading your recent lovely comment and seeing these on my blog browser I had to come on over and say thank you once again. You always write about what I've created and why it works and your comments are beautiful and more than welcome. For that I am extremely grateful - have an awesome week huni Karen xx

    ReplyDelete