Monday, November 9, 2015

My Cards and Tags: Cards Using Neat and Tangled's Hoop Die

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Another week and another great challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  This week's theme made me think harder than usual: it's to create something beginning with the letter N.  Visions of nerds and nests and numbers came to mind, but in the end I landed on a couple of needlepoint-themed cards using Neat and Tangled's hoop die.


I have to admit that I don't know a crochet needle from a knitting needle, though I could rock a latch-hook project back in junior high (remember latch-hook stuff)?  But my mom is the most skilled needle-wielder I've ever met.  She does needlepoint and cross-stitch, knitting, embroidery, crocheting, sewing (the real kind, not my version) and recently took up hardanger (which I had to look up online when she requested hardanger supplies for her birthday).  She's amazing and has kept me in stylin' sweaters and cool Halloween costumes for years and years and has stocked my house with great artwork, pillows, bedding, dish towels and pot holders.  So these cards with their embroidery hoop frames are a tribute to her awesomeness.

This one is made from paper with some flowers from Avery Elle's Fabulous Florals.  The sentiment is from a new set I really like by Concord & 9th called, "Love You Mean It."  I smudged on Distress Ink and added a scribble die and some pennant flags.


This one is made from fabric scraps and the bird images are from Technique Tuesday's Chickadees stamp set.

  
I enjoyed making these projects and used the following products from Simon Says Stamp:




I can't wait to see what your clever minds come up with for things that begin with the letter N.  Be sure to upload your creations to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog for your chance to win a $50 gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store!

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/


20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Andrea :-) I love the whole needlework theme and all the thought behind it. Vey beautiful cards, LOVE them :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I firstly thought that you had altered and attached an embroidery hoop to your card. I am in love with both of these cards! The look from the dies, the papers and the fabric makes we want to CASE both of them. I am going to go to Pinterest and set up a new inspiration board which has my favourite created by you creations to inspire me when the mo jo is being naughty and disappeared at the worst possible time Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Made me think that a person could stamp onto fabric then use the image as a pattern to go over it with embroidery stitching. Probably been done before but just occurred to me. So I thank you for the idea and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous hoop and needlework inspired art! I love love your fabrics and these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool feature, Andrea! I love how you incorporated fabric :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects! Love how you used the hoop die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came over from Simon to tell you how much I like the fabric/bird project. Great use of the hoop die in both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea, those little birds on the long legs are a great focal point! Love the strips of fabric behind, reminds me of the needlework. Awesome bright colors , so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card! Love the beautiful colors and the cute birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bold colors and fabrics on your projects~your style is so fun! I'm the same with needles..this is my first time hearing about hardanger~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree: This challenge WAS a challenge (especially if you're a nonnative speaker (if that's the right word - see what I mean? ;) )

    I love your bold colors that are soft at the same time because of your blending technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always you are absolutely original! Love your works and I admire your talent to create with fabrics! Wonderful! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, I love how you have achieved the embroidered look

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, Andrea! Love the adorable birds inside of the hoop! Love that you've brought your love for fabric and papercrafting with the hoop together. Although you use mix those up all time, but with the hoop it stands out even more! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are wonderful Andrea!! Love the cute little birds and the happy colours. The embroidery hoop looks gorgeous and frames the birds so well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As always, both of these pieces are just wonderful works of art! You know how much I admire your colour palettes, Andrea and I just love how unique your projects are and these are two beautiful, happy pieces which have made me smile wide...gorgeous work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, you know I love the birds... C'mon! The needlework hoop... are you a genius? I think everyone who participated in this challenge should be required to post their brainstorming list! You are amazing to think of needlework and incorporate the hoop and fabric. Here's to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  18. And, haha... I have a latch-hook hook rolling around in my toolbox! BAHAHA! Cat rugs, spirit horses... yes! 2" pieces of yarn...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do some cross stitching but my daughter is the real needleworker - including Hardanger!
    Your card is spectacular - all of those elements look great together Thank you for the very kind comments on my black and white card.

    ReplyDelete