Monday, November 30, 2015

Tutorials: Stamping on Bingo Cards

http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
Welcome to another fabulous challenge week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!  This week's theme is, "Gentlemen."  My cards were inspired by my sweetheart husband and his stint as a Bingo Caller at an assisted living facility (which he loved)!


So how does one go about stamping images onto Bingo cards?  Start with Bingo cards.  I picked these up at a local thrift shop, then I painted on a couple of coats of white Gesso.


Using Ranger Jet Black Archival ink, I waited for the Gesso to dry, then stamped on my images.  The woman is from Dina Wakley's Positive Women stamp set.


I colored in my image by using sponges and Distress Ink in various shades.


I added some embellishments (polka dots cut out of Washi tape, a sentiment tag from Jillibean Soup, striped Washi tape, a stamped  bird, and a Tim Holtz bingo piece that I painted with Dina Wakley acrylic paint).

  
I had so much fun making one card, that I made another using this great new stamp set from Concord & 9th called, "Let's Chat."

  
Here are the supplies I used on my Bingo cards which you can find at Simon Says Stamp:



So how will you be inspired by our Gentlemen theme this week?  Upload your projects to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog to inspire us and for your shot at winning a $50 voucher to the Simon Says Stamp Store!
http://simonsaysstamp.com/
http://simonsaysstamp.com/http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/
   

 


17 comments:

  1. Hi Amdrea, hope,you are well. Love your bingo cards, the imagery works perfectly with the pop,of colours. Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the style of your creations, I am always attracted to your colors, they are so wonderfully balanced and beautiful! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea with the bingo cards. Love these. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Andrea, very creative and totally awesome!!
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this idea and your use of color is as always, spot ON!

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Came over to give love for your bingo cards! How cool is your hubs?-- "b-47...b-47... How I'd like to BE 47 again..." hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card in lovely colors! You are very creative! Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Andrea,

    How Adventurous and original!!! What a terrific idea using the bingo cards. Probably a much better use to do this than playing, I've never been lucky at bingo haha! Love it!

    blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cheerful and fun! Congrats BTW on your new stamp line. AOP=Big Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the fact that used an actual bingo card, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Bingo cards are fabulous, Andrea! Love the bright pop of color. So fun! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always wonderful work! I love so much this technique to cover a part of Bingo cards! thanks for sharing! I'll borrow surely! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea, I just laughed when I read about manly bingo and your husband rigging the game! Your bright colors always catch my eye, and I love how you combined the images with the bingo cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely creation! The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So stunning Andrea!! I love the sentiments that you used and the images are so fun. How great that you found some old bingo cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic bingo cards and love that your husband volunteered to be the caller for bingo! Love the fun colors and the whimsical details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this idea, Andrea and thank you so much for sharing! Your bingo cards look amazing and I adore the sentiments and images you've used to create these fun and wonderfully striking pieces of artwork!

    ReplyDelete